Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Teenage Blonde Moments

This morning at breakfast, Tara said to me, "Mom, my friends are so dumb!" I was expecting to hear a very serious conversation about some bad choices that she observed from some of her friends, but what she meant was, "Mom, my friends are so blonde!" (I can say this now because at the moment I have brown hair.) Here are the funny things she told me her friends have recently said:

"Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?"
"Can you get tan by the fire? Because the sun is one big ball of fire!"
"Is rain salty?"
(This one is my favorite.) While watching the movie Pearl Harbor in school: Girl 1 - "I don't get it. Who is Pearl Harbor anyway? When do we see him in the movie?" Girl 2 - "Duh, don't you know Pearl Harbor is the boat?"

I was very happy to know that Tara knew the real answers to these questions! But, the other day, Tara had her own blonde moment. She had to bring some bananas to mutual so I asked her how much she needed to bring. Here was our conversation:
Mom: So, how many bananas do you need to bring?
Tara: I need a bundle.
Mom: A bundle?
Tara: I mean a barrel.
Mom: A barrel?
Tara: (giggling) What is it? A b-b-b-b
Mom: Bun...
Tara: Bun-bun- bundt? No, that's not right.
Mom: Bunch?
Tara: (giggling) Oh, a bunch! Yeah, I need a bunch. (giggling some more)

Don't you love 15 year old girls?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That totally made me L.O.L! At least Tara knew you couldn't get a tan from the fire, and that Pearl Harbor wasn't a boat or a person!

Shelli said...

This made me laugh so hard. So funny! A bundle of bananas.

Tami said...

This was so funny. Tara is so cute! I am glad to know that kids don't stop saying funny things as they get older.