Sunday, October 5, 2008

Aaron's Life in the Philippines

If you know Aaron, these pictures are so typical of him. If you don't know Aaron yet, these pictures should speak volumes about him. He's a very fun-loving person that finds humor in almost everything around him.

I can only imagine what he decided to teach this pig. I wonder if the pig speaks Tagalog, too? This pig is only a couple of days old. He belongs to a less active member that Aaron was visiting.

This is a hanging bridge at Biak na Bato (Split Rock) National Park. Aaron also went caving here.


Aaron always tried to explain to me that there is ALWAYS standing water during the wet season, but I just couldn't picture it. I can picture it now. It looks like what we get maybe once a year after a huge rain storm here, but it quickly drains away within a day. It doesn't drain away for months there. This particular picture is flooding in the streets of Baliuag.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the countdown now?

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud of your boy! Can you imagine walking through standing water like that. YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Love the pic wit the pig! That water is crazy. Won't be long now! Yay!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures - I can't wait to meet him. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I can feel his missionary spirit just looking at his crazy pictures. I'm sure he's been a super missionary. The countdown is on, do you have a return date yet?

Anonymous said...

Yea. What fun pictures of Aaron. We are looking forward to meeting him when he gets home. So soon now!