Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm Sorry...Sort of

So, a while back, I really layed into the federal government for not catching my married name change 22 years ago, and waiting until there was some money on the line to make a big deal about it. I since have attempted to go into the Social Security Administration to change my name, but the lines are always so long that I don't stay to take care of it. After all, I've waiting this long, right? What's another week or so (or month) when they've already told me that I'm not going to get my stimulus check until next year. Period. Funny thing happened last week, though. I received a letter from the IRS stating that my stimulus check would be in my hot little hand on Friday, November 24th. I was shocked, but hopeful that the letter wasn't a mistake like everything else was. Naturally, Friday came and left with no check. So did Saturday. (I mean, we are talking about the federal government.) But guess what happened today? I received my stimulus check!!! Hurray!!! I was completely shocked! Rick even kissed the check. So, to the federal government, I'm sorry I layed into you and complained about your incompetence -- sort of. After all, you are four months late!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I wonder what happened!