Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happy 20th Birthday Kendall!

To my oldest daughter, Kendall -- Happy 20th Birthday! I love Kendall for so many reasons. Believe it or not, she's probably more like me than any of my other kids. She is very stubborn and headstrong and doesn't like to be pushed around. When she makes up her mind, her mind is made up -- meaning that she will stick to her convictions. Because of that, she is trying hard to live her religion even when no one is watching. I love to peek around the corner and watch her as she reads her scriptures because she will do it just because it's right -- not because someone is watching.

Kendall is very athletic and adventurous. She ran on the varsity cross country team in high school and runs for exercise at home. She could outrun any one of us, blindfolded! It's amazing how fast those little legs can go! Kendall is also my most adventurous child. She hikes, backpacks, camps, swims, wakeboards, and snowboards. She's almost always the first to try something new, no matter how scary it seems.

I'm very proud of Kendall and love her dearly. I will miss her very much when she goes away for college next week! Here are a few fun pictures below of Kendall:

No comments: