Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Prom Dress Pursuit - Part 1

I'm going to document my journey over the next week and a half because I am making Whitney's prom dress -- something I've never done before. I have sewn since I was a little girl and have made many, many things, but never anything as important as a prom dress. Whitney wanted something different from everyone else (she's had a couple of years with the same dress as someone else -- tragic!). I'm a little nervous (don't tell Whitney) because I want it to be perfect for her! She picked out the pattern (see below) and color (golden yellow). If all goes as planned, it will be beautiful!
We're doing the white version with a sparkly lace over the bust (maybe -- if it looks good). Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm impressed Theresa!! SEW IMPRESSED!

Leslie said...

I'm sure it will be beautiful, you are always a big success in whatever you do.

Shelli said...

Oooh! That is beautiful! If I know you, you will not only be able to do it, but you will do it well! Whitney will be a knock-out in it. I love the sound of a golden yellow color, perfect!