Monday, May 4, 2009

A funny thing happened today...

Really -- a FUNNY thing happened today that I have to share. I was on a 20 mile bike ride with Rick this afternoon, and with only about 1/2 mile to go, I found a wallet sitting next to the bike path. I stopped, looked around, and saw nobody, so I picked it up and stuck it in my pocket. When I got back to the car with Rick, I took it out to look for some identification. The wallet WREAKED of cigarettes and liquor. I found the man's name and address, so Rick and I decided to drive to his home to return the wallet. He lives in the trailer park on Clearwater across from Winco (for those of you not in the Tri-Cities, it's a total dump). We looked for a manager's trailer, but instead saw two police cars sitting in front of an old RV. We decided to just give the wallet to the police and (here's the funny part) they were parked in front of the man's trailer (who lost the wallet). We were told that they had a search warrant and found a sawed off shotgun and a grenade in the trailer and were waiting for the bomb squad to arrive. He said that the trailer park is one big meth lab. Rick and I just laughed as we waved to the policeman and drove away. Rick said, "You have to blog this story. This was funny!"

5 comments:

Leslie said...

HOLY COW!!!! That IS funny...but I'm glad the police were there first!

Leslie said...

Oh so that's how you stay in better shape then me. You go on a 20 mile bikeride with me in the a.m. and then do another 20 with Rick in the afternoon. Funny story, reminds me of the things that happened to us when we were slumlords!

Clan of the Derek said...

That is a pretty funny - you know I live right behind that trailer park, Derek and I wish they would tear it down - maybe someday -

Shellee

Shelli said...

That is scary, crazy funny.

Tami said...

That is hillarious and terrible! Too bad you didn't get to meet the guy in person! I am glad that the cops were there to intervene! What nice citizens you are. I am sure that the guy had just recently been on a bike ride too.