Sunday, November 9, 2008

Countdown to Aaron

Aaron has been following my blog for the past 2-3 months, so I've been very careful not to mention anything about him coming home. The last thing he needs to know is how anxious his mom is for him to come home. But since he comes home this week -- (did you hear that? THIS WEEK!!!!) I've decided I can put something up here about him coming home. I can't imagine being more proud of a child than I am about Aaron for giving up two years of his life to serve the Lord. I can tell from his letters that he's grown and matured -- mentally, physically, spiritually -- so much more than he could have doing anything else. I can also tell that he's still the same old Aaron -- just a better version now! I'm so excited to see him and to sit down and talk to him and learn everything about his mission that he didn't tell us in his letters. The only thing holding me together right now is my skin. I can't wait to see Aaron. The kids and I have had a countdown on the refrigerator for the past few weeks -- ever since we got his return date. We almost fight over who gets to change the number in the morning. I can't wait to post his homecoming on Thursday...stay tuned!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting for you and your family. I think as a parent it probably can't get much better than welcoming your child home from an honorable mission. Way to go Aaron!

Anonymous said...

"America, America, God shed His grace on ME!!!"

Anonymous said...

I have decided the 2 best days of a mother's life are 1. When a missionary returns with honor. 2. When a child marries in the temple. Good job Mom, Dad, and Aaron.

Anonymous said...

PS- He had no choice about the photo, the camera was nearby and he was kind of at a loss for where to begin the clean up. It was one of those moments when he had to sit there and think...did this just happen to me? Do I have to clean this up? I think it would be hilarious if YOU got Ira a bib for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so, so excited for you guys! What a wonderful reunion!!! Can't wait to meet yet another awesome member of your family!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I have been thinking about you a lot lately! I am sooooo excited for you. We would love to try to come listen to his homecoming talk when he speaks in your ward. Will he be speaking this Sunday? We can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a bigger accomplishment! Way to go Aaron and just goes to show what good parenting can do!!!