Thursday, November 27, 2008

Secondhand Serenade Concert

About three weeks ago, I got this urgent email from Tara from school with the subject line reading: "MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM MOM URGENT!" I opened the email and she was frantically informing me of a Secondhand Serenade concert in Salt Lake during the time we would be in Utah for Thanksgiving. The tickets were only $17 each and the drive to Salt Lake from Logan was only about one-and-a-half hours, so I decided I would take the girls to the concert the Wednesday before Thankgiving. The day before the concert, Aaron said he would like to go to the concert, too; luckily I was able to obtain an extra ticket for him. So we drove down to Salt Lake to the old Saltair for the concert. Unfortunately, there were three other bands before Secondhand Serenade -- and I hated all of them -- but it was well worth the three-and-a-half hour wait to get to Secondhand Serenade. Kendall, Whitney, and Tara were happy to be in the moshpit at the front and ended up second row from the stage, while Aaron and I were happy to be out of the crowds further back. Secondhand Serenade was AMAZING!! His encore song was "Fall For You" with him at the keyboard. That was a great way to end the concert. We had an awesome time together!

John Vesley doing his amazing thing on the guitar!


In the moshpit before Aaron and I retreated to the back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man! Those first three bands were hell to sit through! John Vesley is an amazing artist though! He impressed me very much.

Anonymous said...

What a cute and fun mom you are!