Sunday, November 9, 2008

I KNEW she could do it!!!

I have always taken pride in my children -- mostly because they're good kids and a lot of fun. I have not been one to brag about their academics, and I guess that's because there hasn't been much to brag about. My children are highly intelligent, but also extremely lazy and unmotivated when it comes to school. Each one of them has coasted through school, doing the minimum required to graduate. I blame myself a great deal for their attitudes and lack of commitment to doing their best in school. However, this year, Tara decided on her own that she was going to try her hardest and get the best grades she could, just to see if she could do it. Imagine this: she could do it, and actually did do it, receiving the best report card any one of my children has ever achieved. Each one of them could have totally aced school if they put their minds to it, but each one in turn has just chosen not to. So I am now bragging about Tara's academics -- she got all A's and 1 B for the first quarter this year. I'm so proud of her because she did it on her own. Now she knows she can do it whenever she chooses. (BTW -- ignore all those tardies and absenses -- I'm not fighting that battle yet.) Way to go, Tara!!!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright! The sucky grades streak is broken! (applause and cheering) Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Tara, good job! The grades are impressive and even more impressive is your ATTITUDE. Will you continue on with this goal?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tara! How was your shopping trip with your parents? You deserve it girl! I am so proud of you and you know I love you to pieces!