Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I guess it's because Aaron hasn't driven in over 2 years...

Funny thing happened today. Since Aaron has been in the Philippines for the past two years, he hasn't driven for two years -- at all. He's walked A LOT and ridden on public transportation A LOT. So yesterday he got his driver's license renewed (since it expired in June) and this morning he needed to run a couple of errands. I gave him my keys to the Kia and after going out to start the car, he came back in and said that the battery was dead. Really? It was fine yesterday. Then I thought -- Aaron hasn't driven in a while and that's a stick shift...hmmmm... Putting two and two together, I asked him if he pushed the clutch all the way down when he started the car. What? You mean that's a stick shift? Oh boy, I laughed and laughed at him. He went out and right away started the car. He gave me a huge grin and a thumb's up, then put the car in gear, gunned it a little too much, and drove away. Maybe you had to be there???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you didn't have to be there. That was funnY!We'll be at church Sunday.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he didn't have trouble with the brakes or keeping on his side of the street.

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! I am glad that you weren't in the car with him on his first drive in two years. It was probably quite interesting!