Sunday, January 11, 2009

Another Birthday -- Another Adult (Happy Birthday, Whitney!)

I don't remember signing up for this part of motherhood -- having my children turn into adults. I loved having babies, and toddlers, and tweens, and even teens (yes, I DID sign up for those and loved every minute of them), but I don't remember signing up to have adults. I know, I know, there are a lot of good parts to having adult children (less crowded house when they move out, missionaries, future daughters and sons-in-law, and of course, grandkids), but the part about having the kids turn into adults and start to leave home certainly wasn't in the contract. (Must have been the small print at the bottom which, of course, I didn't read.) I love having all my kids at home and seeing them work hard at good jobs, preparing for graduation, and attending the local college, but now they're all planning on leaving and going to BYU, and that part makes me a little sad. Whitney just turned 18, and that makes it even more of a reality. I'm just going to enjoy these next few months as much as I can, building memories and strengthening relationships before they all start to leave. Okay -- so that's my current self-pity issue. Here's what I really wanted to blog about:

Whitney just turned 18 on Friday, Jan. 9th, and I want to wish her a very happy birthday. I am so proud of Whitney and the woman she has become. She has certainly made me proud and is a complete joy in my life. She has always been extremely obedient and I trust her implicitly. It's an absolute joy knowing that I never have to worry about the choices she is making. Her goals in life are in line with the teachings of the gospel and everything she has been taught. She's a great friend to all of her siblings and a good example to her friends and all with whom she associates. She's also a great friend of mine and I love spending time with her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WHITNEY!!! I LOVE YOU!!! (See below for some funny pictures of Whitney's life from 2002 on.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! Happy Birthday Whitney! Theresa, I can't imagine being in your shoes. I bet that the years have flown by! How nice to have such wonderful kids! You are such a great Mom.

Anonymous said...

Great post, Theresa! We will need to keep you happy and busy when those sweet kids go to BYU! You are such a great mom, Theresa, I am glad I have you as an example. Happy birthday to Whitney too! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Whitney! I have been impressed with Whitney's helpful and happy attitude. She is always a joy to be around.