Sunday, January 18, 2009

Some Thank Yous are Better than Others!

This is a GREAT story! Yesterday, Saturday, Rick called me at about noon from Camp Zarahemla where he was on a campout with the scouts, and proceeded to tell me that he locked his keys in the car and needed me to drive up there to unlock his car. It's a little over a two hour drive and I had a party to go to at 5:00 p.m. so I told Rick I would leave right away, hoping I would get back in time for the party. So I drove to Zarahemla, game him my key, then turned around and drove home. I had to stop at the store on the way home to buy something for the party, then take a shower (note the wet hair slicked back in a ponytail), so I didn't get to the party until around 6:00 p.m. By that time, I also had a full-on migraine headache. I HONESTLY didn't mind driving to Zarahemla to help out Rick (he would have done the same for me), but it was just bad timing. When the party was over, I went out to my car and found this:

Rick had bought me a dozen red roses, a box of candy, and a really sweet thank you card! It was an awesome way to end the night. Thank you, Rick!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that is why you 2 have such a great marriage. It is all about sacraficing for the one we love!! I really look up to you both. You are such a great example for us to follow~

Anonymous said...

THAT IS SERIOUSLY THE SWEETEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD! AND I'M TALKING ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU DIDN'T GET MAD AT HIM FOR PUTTING YOU OUT! THE FLOWERS AND CHOCOLATE WERE GREAT, TOO!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Egli.. You are such a sweet wife for not being mad. Rick was brilliant with the thank you!! What a kind idea. You guys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

You guys are always doing such cute and creative things for each other. Now I understand why you don't get mad at Rick when he looses his keys. Tell him I'd be happy to help him out next time.

Turner Family said...

You've been tagged. Go to Turner blog and find out.